Project Accounts are created for performing specific coursework, group research, or other University-related projects. Each Project Account should be associated with a member of staff at the University.
Applications will normally be processed within two working days of being received.
- The chosen account name must not conflict with any existing account name or special words reserved by ITSC. ITSC reserves the right to make the final decision on the account name allocated.
- Please specify why the account is needed. If the account is for temporary use, give the expiry date as well.
- Once your account is created, you will not be allowed to change your account name. Please choose carefully before submitting your application. The account name should be between 3-12 characters, without special characters.
- When your account is ready, account details, including the password, will be sent to you via your Inter-departmental Liaison Person, in a sealed envelope (marked “Private & Confidential”) by internal mail.
- All users are expected to observe acceptable standards of behavior in using their network accounts. Please read the Acceptable Use Policy and IT Security Guidelines carefully before activating your account.
- For security reasons, you are required to proceed account activation by changing the ITSC network initial password before using any network services.
Project Accounts will be terminated when the account reaches its expiry date or the account owner leaves the University. In general, a grace period of two weeks will be provided for backup. An email notification will be sent to the account owner two weeks before the expiry date. When staff users leave the University, they will receive email notification about the termination of their Project Accounts. Users are urged to back up files they would like to retain or transfer them to other valid user accounts before deletion. If you need to continue using your account for University-related purposes after leaving, you can ask your Inter-departmental Liaison Person to send an email request to email@example.com within two weeks of the date of notification, stating the period of extension and providing justification.