If you require assistance, you can approach our Student Helpdesk where student consultants are available on a regular basis to assist barn users, ResNet users, and dial-up service users with basic queries. You can check the student consultants’ timetable on noticeboards in the barns.
Student consultants carry out the following duties:
- Manage the helpdesk and provide consultation to students in barns
- Maintain the printing service and look after the print queues
- Check all PCs for any software or hardware failure, and if found, fix or escalate accordingly
- Check for seats reserved by student belongings
- Walk around the barn to see if any users require assistance
- Ensure no food and drink is brought into computer barns
- Remind noisy students to be quieter
- Report ad hoc events to ITSC
- Check consumables and record usage statistics
When you are off campus, you can contact ITSC for assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible.