OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Office Online are now available through your Office 365 account, providing you 1 TB of cloud storage together with online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. With 1 TB of personal document storage, you can store all your personal files online and access them anywhere from your PC/Mac, tablet, iPad, or phone.
Click on the app to:
- create and share Office documents (Word Online, Excel Online, PowerPoint Online)
- store, open, and share online files (OneDrive)
With Office online, you can work together at the same time and see each other’s changes immediately. Since Office Online runs in your web browser, there’s nothing to download even you don’t have an Office application installed.
You can also work on Office document using Microsoft Office and save them in OneDrive – HKUST after you sign in Office with your email@example.com account (select Work account when prompted).
For best user experience, you are recommended to use Office 2016 or Office 2013 SP1 (with the latest Windows update).
- Onedrive for Business can be used to store data classified as High Risk under the HKUST Guideline for Risk Classification
- If Onedrive for Business is installed in either mobile or non-office computers, with the possibility that data will be transferred outside campus network, all high risk data have to be encrypted.
- Drag and drop files to OneDrive for Business
- Sync files with OneDrive – HKUST – documents that stored in your OneDrive for Business will also be available in your File Explorer on your Windows platform. For Mac users, please read OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client on Mac OS X.
- Document Storage and Sharing
- Office 365
- Protect and Encrypt your files
- Acceptable Practices for Handling High Risk data
If you have a pilot account (@o365.ust.hk or @connect.ust.hk), please refer to migrating from Office 365 pilot account to OneDrive – HKUST. If you want to use OneDrive for Business with your project / departmental account, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the justification.