An ITSC Network Account is automatically created for both undergraduates and postgraduates following registration with the Academic Registry (ARO). The email account for students joining the University after 18 March 2014 is @Connect (based on Microsoft Office 365 cloud solution). Your account name will be created using your initials and surname, with the email address in the form of <account name>@connect.ust.hk. After graduation/course completion, you will be able to retain your email address for life, though other student-related network account services will be terminated when you leave the University.
All students are expected to observe acceptable standards of behavior in using their network accounts. Please read the Acceptable Use Policy and IT Security Guidelines carefully before activating your account.
- The chosen account name must not conflict with any existing account name or special words reserved by ITSC. ITSC reserves the right to make the final decision on the account name allocated.
- If you need to access the UNIX machine, indicate this in the Remarks section of your application.
- Once your account is created, you will not be allowed to change your account name. Please choose carefully before submitting your application. The account name should be between 3-12 characters, without numerals or special characters.
- When your account is ready, account details, including the password, will be sent to you via your Inter-departmental Liaison Person in a sealed envelope (marked “Private & Confidential”) by internal mail.
- For security reasons, you are required to change the ITSC network password before using any network services.
A student network account will be terminated when the student leaves the University. Upon successful completion of study, a grace period of four months will be granted. An email notification will be sent to the student on the account expiry date. Students are urged to back up files they would like to retain or transfer them to other valid user accounts before deletion. Students who need to continue using their accounts after departure should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the period of extension and providing justification.