Staff members of the University with a valid staff ID card issued by the Human Resources Office are eligible to apply for a staff computer account for accessing emails and other network services. Each member of staff can apply for ONE Staff Account. You should apply for a Project Account for accounts for specific functions.
All users are expected to observe acceptable standards of behavior in using their network accounts. Please read the Acceptable Use Policy and IT Security Guidelines carefully before activating your account.
(Applications will normally be processed within two working days of being received.)
- The chosen account name must not conflict with any existing account name or special words reserved by ITSC. ITSC reserves the right to make the final decision on the account name allocated.
- If you need to access the UNIX machine, indicate this in the Remarks section of your application.
- Once your account is created, you will not be allowed to change your account name. Please choose carefully before submitting your application. The account name should be between 3-12 characters, without numerals or special characters.
- When your account is ready, account details, including the password, will be sent to you via your Inter-departmental Liaison Person in a sealed envelope (marked “Private & Confidential”) by internal mail.
- For security reasons, you are required to change the ITSC network password before using any network services.
Staff Accounts will be terminated when the member of staff leaves the University. In general, a grace period of two weeks will be provided for backup. An email notification will be sent to the staff member on the account expiry date. Staff members are urged to backup files they would like to retain or transfer them to other valid user accounts before deletion.
If you need to use the account for University-related purposes after departure, you can ask your Inter-departmental Liaison Person to send an email request to email@example.com within two weeks of the notification, stating the period of extension and providing justification.