HKUST iStore Service provides a storage space for our users to store their files on our iStore server. The server supports the internet WebDAV standard, a set of extensions to the HTTP protocol, which allows users to edit and manage files on remote web server in a convenient way.After the iStore service is enabled with your ITSC Network Account, you can connect to the iStore server as a web folder and perform operations like “drag-n-drop”, “copy-n-paste”, etc. if you are using the Windows XP. Of course, the HKUST iStore Service cannot replace your local PC hard disk or even your external storage devices if you are looking for a large storage space or a fast access speed. However, it is most useful in situation like:
- Using as a temporary storage of working files.
- Managing your files in office or at home.
- Storing email attachments in iStore server instead of occupying your mailboxes space.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista
- Other OS supports WebDAV like Windows 2000, Mac OS X, etc.
- Please not that iStore service is not supported under Windows 7.
Backup of your files
Please remember to make backup copies of all files you stored on the server!
Please mail to CCHELP with justification if you would like to apply for the HKUST iStore service.
Connecting to iStore from Web Browser
Users can connect to HKUST iStore server from any web browser that supports secure network connection for read-only access. In case you will need to update your files, please refer to the other pages Connecting to iStore from Windows XP, Connecting to iStore from Vista.
To connect to the iStore server using a web browser:
- Type the URL address:https://istore.ust.hk/~<ITSC network account>/
(e.g. https://istore.ust.hk/~ccdemo/ for the account “ccdemo”)
- Enter your ITSC Network Account and password when prompted.