This service is provided to eligible long-serving retirees/leavers (as informed / approved by the Human Resources Office) who wish to own a lifelong email address connected to HKUST. The forwarding service comprises an email alias and a destination email address. Messages addressed to the email alias will be delivered to your specified destination email address. You can update the destination according to your needs.
Email forwarding can be used for communicating with friends or peers, mailing list subscriptions, and more. While it serves as a supplement to your official HKUST email address, it also has the benefit that it will not expire.
Approved retirees will need to apply for their lifelong Email Forwarding Address before their ITSC Network account terminated. A Gmail account will also be created for Long-Serving Retirees / Leavers.
Policies and Guidelines
- HKUST is a non-profit educational institution and the use of its facilities, including computer and network facilities, is limited to the educational and other non-commercial purposes of its students, faculty, eligible staff and affiliates.
- Accordingly, computing and networking resources and the ability to use a HKUST Lifelong Email Forwarding Address are privileges extended to members of the HKUST community, within the available resources of HKUST, and must be exercised in conformity with all applicable HKUST policies and guidelines and all applicable laws.
- HKUST Lifelong Email Forwarding Address is a service provided for HKUST eligible long-serving retirees/leavers for the purpose of personal communications, and should not be used as a channel for providing commercial services.
- Users are expected to keep their HKUST Lifelong Email Forwarding Address up to date. The University cannot guarantee the proper handling of emails by outside parties when the emails are being forwarded.
- HKUST Lifelong Email Forwarding Address is offered as a free service to HKUST eligible long-serving retirees/leavers. The University reserves the right to set a charge for this service in the future.
- All users are expected to observe acceptable standards of behavior in using HKUST computing and networking services. Please read the Acceptable Use Policy and Personal Information Collection (PIC) Statement carefully before proceeding to create your HKUST Lifelong Email Forwarding Address.
- The use of this service is subject to the discretion and scrutiny of HKUST, and/or in the event that HKUST becomes aware of a violation of policy or law, HKUST reserves the right to disable this service for our users or take other action as deemed appropriate by HKUST.
- If any person has any doubt as to the applicability of the policies and guidelines referred to herein, such person should contact firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any action.
- Persons who do not want their activities to be restricted by the policies and guidelines contained in this document, are advised to contact commercial internet service providers.
Choose an Email Alias
Your email alias for the forwarding service will take the following format:
Here, “xxxxx” has a maximum of 20 alphanumeric characters and can be anything that reasonably identifies you to others, subject to a set of syntactic rules as well as the first-come-first-served principle in case of name clashes.
NB: Your email alias cannot be changed once you have applied for it, so think thoroughly before choosing this lifelong name.
How to Apply
Fill in the HKUST Lifelong Email Forwarding Address form and FAX your application form together with your supporting document (copy of your Hong Kong ID card/passport) to fax no. 2358 0967 or mail to:
Manage Your Settings
After logging in using your HKUST Lifelong Email Forwarding Address, you can update settings such as Destination Email Address and/or change your Lifelong Address Password:
Forgotten your Forwarding Address password?
If you forget your password, you should submit a password reset request. An email will be sent to your forwarding address. Please follow the instructions on the email to reset your password.
If your destination email address is no longer valid, fill in the application form for resetting you password and FAX this together with your supporting document (copy of your Hong Kong ID card/passport) to fax no: 2358 0967 or mail to:
Information Technology Services Center
Rm. 2021, Academic Building
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Clear Water Bay, Kowloon
ITSC will notify you after verifying the information submitted with Human Resources Office.